Opportunities with The Chertoff Group
The following opportunities are currently available at The Chertoff Group. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Analyst/Senior Analyst, M&A (Washington, DC)
- Internship, General (Menlo Park, CA; Washington, DC; New York, NY)
- Internship, Strategic Communications (Washington, DC)
Position: Analyst/Senior Analyst (commesurate w/ experience)
Job Title: Analyst / Senior Analyst (commensurate w/ experience)
Location: Washington, DC
Industry: Investment Banking – Security, Defense, Technology & Government Services
Job Function: Merger & Acquisition Advisory
Chertoff Capital Profile:
Chertoff Capital is a leading provider of merger and acquisition (M&A) advisory services to corporations in the security sector. Our clients consist of leading mid-tier defense technology, cyber security, and government contracting companies who are considering an M&A transaction. We are looking for talented professionals to join our Washington-based M&A team to continue our growth trajectory.
Chertoff Capital is the investment banking subsidiary of The Chertoff Group (TCG), a global security advisory and strategic consulting firm founded by former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff. TCG combines industry thought leaders in security, defense, technology, and government contracting with senior subject matter experts who have served at the highest levels of government, including leadership positions at the US Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, and Justice, as well as at the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency.
Ideal candidates should have a demonstrated financial background, including experience in accounting and valuation methodologies, strong analytical capabilities, keen verbal communication abilities, and excellent writing skills. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as an integral team member. Applicants should have at least two years of work experience in investment banking or a similar field.
Individuals will become an integral part of our investment banking team. This position offers opportunities to interact with executives of leading defense contracting firms and provides unique exposure to our firms’ national security thought leaders.
- Support senior deal team members in the management of project deliverables and transaction processes;
- Perform financial analyses on client companies including DCF, comparable transactions, and public company analyses;
- Draft executive summaries, information memoranda, and other marketing or related documents;
- Research and develop potential buyer/investor and other target lists;
- Manage due diligence process;
- Gather and synthesize industry information from multiple research sources, including the internet, industry reports, trade publications, our senior subject matter experts, etc.;
- Help prepare and negotiate term sheets and engagement contracts; and
- Support recruiting and training efforts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, preferably with concentrations in finance, accounting, economics, or related field from an accredited university OR a minimum of one year of financially focused work experience
- Work Experience: Applicants should have at least two years of work experience in investment banking or similar field
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated understanding of financial statement analysis, the M&A process, and company valuation techniques
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple projects concurrently, and manage rapidly changing assignments
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Prior due diligence and transaction execution experience
- Series 7 or 79
- US Citizen
- Competitive compensation package in-line with industry standards
- Generous benefits package
- Compensation levels will vary based on the candidate’s background and years of experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position: Internship, General
Location: Washington, DC; Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY
Position: Internship, Strategic Communications
Location: Washington, DC
The Chertoff Group is a premier global advisory firm focused exclusively on security and risk management. The Chertoff Group helps clients grow and secure their enterprise through business strategy, mergers and acquisitions, and risk management security services. Headquartered in Washington D.C., the firm maintains offices in Houston, London, Menlo Park, and New York. For more information about The Chertoff Group, visit www.chertoffgroup.com.
The Intern position offers unique exposure to thought leaders engaged in security and risk management as well as hands-on experience with media relations, event management, marketing strategy and techniques, communications research and writing. The Intern will primarily support Strategic Communications operations but will have the opportunity to work with individuals across all lines of business focusing much of their duties on administrative and research support as well as event logistics. The position provides opportunities to gain invaluable knowledge about the technology and security industries as well as marketing and media relations.
- Monitor and conduct issue focused research and draft summary memos and reports
- Provide logistical support to prepare and execute firm wide events. This could include venue research, list building, registration management, and day of event coordination.
- Perform daily administrative duties in support of the Strategic Communications team including setting up locations for media interviews, contact management, media monitoring and reporting, and research and execution to support communication projects and initiatives
- Potential to work alongside Communications Associate to prepare and produce marketing materials
- Assist with website responsibilities to include updating new content and developing ideas to use the website to market firm activities and strategic campaigns
- Assist with writing and editing media advisories, website language, and collateral materials
- Research and build firm’s master media list
- Provide administrative support and scheduling assistance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree from a top-rated university with strong academic performance in marketing or communications course work.
- Work Experience: Previous work in communications or marketing such as with a public relations agency, congressional office or corporate communications environment preferred but not necessary.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Polished, professional, and detail oriented
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Content Management System (CMS) preferred but not necessary
- Experience with social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- US Citizen