Senior Director, Regulatory Risk
Jessica Curyto joined The Chertoff Group as a Senior Director in February 2021, after serving as the Special Advisor to the Assistant Secretary of Export Administration and most recently as Acting Chief of Staff of the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) at the U.S. Department of Commerce. Ms. Curyto’s focus was on dual-use export controls, emerging and foundational technologies, BIS participation on the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, outreach to industrial and international partners, defense industrial base assessments, and Section 232 investigations. She also advised numerous regulatory actions to safeguard U.S. national security and foreign policy with an emphasis on the semiconductor industry and 5G. During her service in the federal government, she worked with interagency partners on a diverse set of policy issues, including civil-military fusion policies of countries of concern and human rights abuses.
Prior to her federal government experience, she worked at Boeing Defense, Space & Security in a number of roles of increasing responsibility in the areas of Contracts, Business Development, and Strategy. She led Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales proposal development and contract negotiations with the U.S. Navy, Finnish Air Force, Swiss Air Force, Department of Homeland Security, and Department of State customers. In her Business Development and Strategy roles, she led competitive assessments and domestic and international business capture activities across a range of defense markets, including fighter jets, missile defense, satellites, and space launch vehicles.
- Assisted a leading U.S. defense contractor by evaluating target markets and recommending inorganic growth opportunities.
- Prepared market and competitive analysis and a comprehensive engagement strategy for an emerging supplier of PPE to the U.S. Government.
- Provided clients with timely insights on U.S. Government regulatory and trade enforcement actions.
- M.B.A., Saint Louis University, Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business
- B.S., University of Missouri-Columbia, Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business