Senior Associate, Cybersecurity
Andreas Kurland is a Senior Associate at The Chertoff Group where he leverages his combined 17 years of public and private sector experience…
Andreas Kurland is a Senior Associate at The Chertoff Group where he leverages his combined 17 years of public and private sector experience in managing IT operations, performing system/network/security administration, supporting defensive cyberspace operations, and guiding the test & evaluation of endpoint security products to provide well-rounded and understandable threat-informed risk assessments to TCG clients.
Prior to joining The Chertoff Group, Andreas was with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) overseeing government-acceptance testing endpoint security products and solutions and evaluating emerging technologies and solutions from industry for use within the USG. Prior to DISA, Andreas spent five years as a civilian, senior technical SME on a Marine Corps Forces Cyberspace Command (MARFORCYBER) Cyber Protection Team (CPT) and four years with a US Army Signal Batallion in the Netherlands performing network and security administration. Andreas also served on active-duty with the United States Air Force (USAF) from 1999 – 2005.
Drawing on this extensive information technology and security background, Andreas supplies TCG’s clients with complete and actionable risk and threat profiles that align with international, authoritative standards (e.g., NIST, CIS, MITRE, etc.) and provides them actionable recommendations and mitigations to better their security programs.
- GIAC Security Leadership (GSLC)
- GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- CompTIA Security+ (Sec+)
- CompTIA A+
- Alternative Intermediate Cyber Core (Alt-ICC)
- Methodology (USCC Certified)
- Cyber Readiness (CR) Assessment Methodology (USCC Certified)
- Defense and Counter Infiltration (DCI) Methodology (USCC Certified)
- USCC JQR Senior Compliant Core (USCC Certified)
- B.S. University of South Florida
Areas of Expertise
- Proactive Threat Hunting
- Incident Response Operations
- Defensive and Offensive Cyber Operations
- Policy and Standards Writing and Development