Senior Director, Federal Strategy
Scott Houston is a Senior Director at The Chertoff Group where he helps companies identify and mitigate risk and understand federal market dynamics.
Scott specializes in guiding companies through risk management and navigating potential expansion opportunities within multi-level government sectors.
Scott joined The Chertoff Group as a Senior Director in June 2021, after seventeen years with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). In his most recent role at TSA, Scott served as the Senior Advisor to the Executive Director of Strategy, Policy Coordination, and Innovation (SP&I) where his focus was on integrating risk and strategic insights to improve how TSA applies resources in its Planning, Programming, Budgeting, Execution and Strategy (PPBE-S) process. Scott also developed TSA’s annual Capital Investment Plan and led the coordination and implementation of effective enterprise risk management strategies throughout the Agency.
- Facilitated the collaboration and development of a large technology company’s growth lever in the security and facilitation sector of their business.
- Prepared market and competitive analysis and a comprehensive engagement strategy for a leading global technology company’s entry into the Defense and National Security sectors.
- Provided strategic support to a major biometrics company looking to expand its presence with federal government national security customers.
- J.D., University of Florida, Levin College of Law
- B.A., History, University of Florida
- Homeland Security Governance, Operations, Policy, and Budget
- Risk Management, Strategy, and Implementation
- Transportation Security Operations, Policy and Risk Management
- Domestic and International Transportation Security Requirements and Technology Needs