Principal and Head of Security Risk & Resilience
As the Head of Chertoff Group’s Security Risk & Resilience practice, Ben advises global companies on their complex security risks and challenges.
Ben helped a Fortune 10 Client redesign its entire corporate security function—accounting for business risks, intuitive design principles, and ensuring effective security risk management in the volatile global threat environment. Ben developed an industry-leading supply chain security program for a notable American OEM, personally assessing high-risk global manufacturing operations and developing an actionable, repeatable program for assessing, mitigating, and monitoring cross-border security threats.
In addition to corporate and physical security mandates, Ben lead’s the firm’s business resilience and enhanced due diligence business lines. In this capacity he helped develop an inaugural, global business resilience function for a Fortune 50 multinational corporation. He has led dozens of due diligence investigations throughout Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, and regularly advises general counsel and senior decision-makers on political exposure and off-balance-sheet risk.
Ben also helps aerospace, defense, and security clients seeking to grow and diversify their businesses.
Over the last 14 years, Ben has held leadership roles in government and the private sector, including as the President of International Defense & Aerospace Group and as a United States Air Force Security Forces and Antiterrorism Officer.
In government, Ben oversaw security of our nation’s nuclear arsenal; and designed, built, and led security programs in all threat environments—including within the Middle East, Europe, and North America. Ben also helped a prominent government agency establish its inaugural executive protection function and develop risk-based procedures for close protection of key executives.
Ben serves on the Board of Operation Renewed Hope, a 501©(3) dedicated to ending Veteran Homelessness and previously as a senior mentor for Knights of Heroes, a non-profit dedicated to mentoring the sons and daughters of fallen service members.
- Led a comprehensive organizational risk assessment for a Fortune 200 Technology Company
- Executed corporate development strategies to expand a global aviation company’s operation
- Developed multinational event company’s COVID-19 risk management playbook for global event creators
- Created a comprehensive supply chain security assessment program for a Fortune 50 manufacturer.
- Certified Protection Professional, ASIS International
- M.A., Professional Studies in Homeland Security, The Pennsylvania State University
- B.S., United States Air Force Academy
- Across U.S., Chinese Bitcoin Mines Draw National Security Scrutiny, NY Times, October 18, 2023
- Is Your Security Program Effective? Security Magazine Webinar July 25, 2023
- How Utilities Can Defend Against the Surge in Attacks, Utility Dive, January 24, 2023
- Cyber and Physical Threats Illuminate Need for Security Convergence in Energy Sector, Homeland Security Today, November 29, 2022
- How to Build Resiliency in Times of “Tail Risk” Events, Security Technology Executive, September 9, 2022